day 10
Well yesterday did not go the way I wanted it to. BUT I didn't let that stop me from being healthy. Old me would have been it's ok, baby yourself. But new me says, that's no excuse. Life is gonna get hard and if you fall off the wagon every time you're never gonna get anywhere. So let's walk through it.
I think I handled oversleeping pretty well. I began to sort of spiral but I caught myself and worked through those thoughts. I guess I needed the sleep? I got a half hour extra woot! For breakfast, yesterday I felt like breakfast was missing carbs so I ate four (small) flour tortillas with my beans for breakfast. I know every nutritionist ever is saying NOOOOOO! but you know what. I felt full and satisfied. That might have been because I was worked up from oversleeping but honestly it wasn't the worst thing ever. Plus it wasn't sugar. I do think that some carbs in the morning might be ok for me.
Now, in terms of exercise, I did JSTV and some Yoga. Oddly enough after not feeling like I was working up a sweat all week, it was on "recovery" day that I felt like I sweated a little. It was jsut the workout the doctor ordered. It felt great and it got my mind off of things. So glad I didn't wuss out of a workout. Also super glad I made my playlist (altho I think that one was not on it but because I clicked on them youtube offered it up.) .
Ok but in the afternoon I was having a moment-- Gilbert was throwing a fit and I was crashing. I wanted a frappuccino SOOOO bad. But I resisted. I went home and made my own.
I'd also like to talk on the productivity front. So even though I didn't get every thing done, I sort of focused on going deeper rathe than checking off all the boxes. You know what? it felt great. I did get some things I'd been putting off. I feel more in control. It seemed like this incident was a bit of a wake up call.
I also read a bit of the book club book and it was helpful. She talked about our drama addiction and htink she's right. I am guilty of it. I like that life happens TO me. It can be comforting to NOT be in control because then I can't blame myself. It's like when I'm in the passenger seat. At the endo f the day (or rather the beginning) all i really need to do is to put down the damn phone and open up my bujo and write down some things I want to get done that day. There was soemthing she said that resonated with me that i can't quite remember how she put it but basically like your not doing crap if you're scrolling through everyone else's lives. Hopefull I can make it to book club today, altho maybe not because she moved the time and i teach a trial. we'll see.
Phew a long one today. Allright till next time.
I think I handled oversleeping pretty well. I began to sort of spiral but I caught myself and worked through those thoughts. I guess I needed the sleep? I got a half hour extra woot! For breakfast, yesterday I felt like breakfast was missing carbs so I ate four (small) flour tortillas with my beans for breakfast. I know every nutritionist ever is saying NOOOOOO! but you know what. I felt full and satisfied. That might have been because I was worked up from oversleeping but honestly it wasn't the worst thing ever. Plus it wasn't sugar. I do think that some carbs in the morning might be ok for me.
Now, in terms of exercise, I did JSTV and some Yoga. Oddly enough after not feeling like I was working up a sweat all week, it was on "recovery" day that I felt like I sweated a little. It was jsut the workout the doctor ordered. It felt great and it got my mind off of things. So glad I didn't wuss out of a workout. Also super glad I made my playlist (altho I think that one was not on it but because I clicked on them youtube offered it up.) .
Ok but in the afternoon I was having a moment-- Gilbert was throwing a fit and I was crashing. I wanted a frappuccino SOOOO bad. But I resisted. I went home and made my own.
I'd also like to talk on the productivity front. So even though I didn't get every thing done, I sort of focused on going deeper rathe than checking off all the boxes. You know what? it felt great. I did get some things I'd been putting off. I feel more in control. It seemed like this incident was a bit of a wake up call.
I also read a bit of the book club book and it was helpful. She talked about our drama addiction and htink she's right. I am guilty of it. I like that life happens TO me. It can be comforting to NOT be in control because then I can't blame myself. It's like when I'm in the passenger seat. At the endo f the day (or rather the beginning) all i really need to do is to put down the damn phone and open up my bujo and write down some things I want to get done that day. There was soemthing she said that resonated with me that i can't quite remember how she put it but basically like your not doing crap if you're scrolling through everyone else's lives. Hopefull I can make it to book club today, altho maybe not because she moved the time and i teach a trial. we'll see.
Phew a long one today. Allright till next time.
Comments
Post a Comment