day 6

Yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast.  Surprisingly it kept me full so maybe I'll keep that in rotation.  I did eat it with pomegranate seeds on top so maybe that added the fiber to keep me full.  For lunch I made Thai Fried Rice.  Yum.  I did end up eating another portion right before bed because I didn't eat that much at lunch because I wanted to save it for Gil.  This happens frequently.  I should remind myself to make more so that there is enough.  I should have not been lazy and just . gone ot htestore to buy more rice.

On the workout front, I did my workout in the morning before Dona Estela came.  I LOVED it.  I mean I sucked at the workout, but it felt so good to be doing it in the day.  I felt more energy and more calm during the rest of the day.  Definitely will make an effort to do my workouts early now.  Such a different feeling.  I did like a million burpees and I am definitely sore today in my abs and in the middle of my back, which I'm not sure how I got sore there but I'll take it.  I definitely think that doing these pilates workouts are good because i'm stregnthening my muscles.  However, I do miss the cardio.

Allright it has been one week, so I have . weigh in.   I have gained weight.  Like two pounds.   A week ago I weighed 133.8 and now I weigh 135.6.  Of course part of that is just fluctuation and how much I've eaten or drank.  Part of it is that what i'm doing now is not sufficient and I know it.  I havne't even stayed close to what I proposed to do.  So this is what I've learned (that I kind of already knew).  What I have been doing is not going to help me lose weight.  DUH.  Ok So for next week I have a few goals.

1. STOP drinking that second cup of coffee. (ugh I already did today)
2. DON"T eat Gilbert's leftovers
3. No more candy/ sweets
4. Eat enough at meals so that you are not snacking.
5. Don't eat right before bed.
6.  Do more Cardio!
7.  Less alcohol.

Now, the scale i has provides some more analytics so I'd like to look at them. With the little bit of weight I gained, it tipped me officially into the overweight category.  I'm not too bent out of shape because honestly, a pound less and I'm technically not like I'm still on the cusp.  I think in general I'd like to move away from that cusp to be firmly in the normal category.

 But then I have 29.4% body fat which it says is acceptable but I'm not really sure how much to read into it.  I'd like the number to go down, but it's not necessarily a goal to make it inot hte fitness category.

Then it says I have a visceral fat of 8. Apparently this number is good.  I mean I'm not fat, so this makes sense.  But it would be nice if I could knock this number down.  NOt sure how much it would take considering it's a small number.

It says I have a body water percentage of 48.5 percent which is on the lower end of normal.  But I don't know what that means. like is a lower number better like the other categories or not? I mean it's water.  I guess it depends on whether that's replacing muscle or fat. 

Next up is subcateneoius fat which is 26.5% still in standard range but barely.  I guess I'll need to lower that.

Skeletal muscle is 41.2% which is on the lower end of normal.  So let's get the muscle level up.  So I'm firmly in the middle.

I have apparently above average bone mass at 5.8lbs  Not sure I can change that.  Actually this looks like a good thing.  It means my bones have calcium and mineral density.  So yay me! As I get older it decreases because after 30 my body stops increasing it.  Let's make sure that number doens't go down.

I also have a high protien percentage score at 16.4% Not finding anything on the internet so I have no idea whta to do with this number. 

Final number 1314 is my BMR which is says is above average.  Like well into the category.  I think this means that this is the amount of calories a burn every day just for my basic functions.  (I think).  If I had more muscle than this numer would be higher? I dunno.  NOt sure I entirely understand this number.

Ok now for real the last number, my metabolic age.  40. Womp womp. basically its odler than the age I am now.  Definitely a goal to get it to be my actual age.

>phew< that took a bit to go through all those numbers. Ok this week hopefully the party is over and its time to get serious.  I want to at least lose what i gained next week.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

yikes I lost count of the days...

day 28

day 25